Outlook 2011/2016 Delegates
If you frequently work with someone else's Outlook folders, you probably will want to add the other person's Outlook mailbox to your Outlook profile. Doing so will automatically open the other person's folders every time you open Outlook. The other mailbox appears in the Folder Pane beneath your Outlook mailbox folders.
1. Open Outlook and select Tools -> Account
2. Select your account that you want to assign a delegate to and click “Advanced” in the bottom right
3. Select the “Delegates” tab in the new pop up window and then click the “+” button underneath the “Delegates who can act on my behalf:” field
4. Type in the username of your delegate -> Click on the user profile to select it -> Click Add
5. Adjust user permissions of the delegate accordingly and click “OK” to save the settings.
6. You should be able to see the delegate on your list
Adding The Mailbox to Your Outlook Client
If you have been given delegate access to a mailbox then you need to setup your account to access it.
1. Go to Tools > Account > Advanced -> Delegates
2. Select the “+” button under the “Open these additional mailboxes” field
3. Type and search the username of the account that you have been given access to. Select the user profile and click “Add”
4. To open the outlook files of the user, select File -> Open -> Open Other User’s Folder…
5. Search the username, select the user and click “Open”
6. The user’s folders will be added in the Outlook Sidebar