Difference between revisions of "Zoom"
|Line 128:||Line 128:|
[[File:Zoom-authenticated-users.png|300px|Zoom Meeting Options]]
[[File:Zoom-authenticated-users.png|300px|Zoom Meeting Options]]
For additional in-depth detail on how to secure your Zoom meetings, see Zoom's [https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Securing%20Your%20Zoom%20Meetings.pdf|Securing Your Zoom Meetings guide].
For additional in-depth detail on how to secure your Zoom meetings, see Zoom's [https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Securing%20Your%20Zoom%20Meetings.pdf | Securing Your Zoom Meetings guide].
Revision as of 17:04, 22 February 2021
As of early May 2020, all current William Paterson employees and students have access to Zoom with their WPUNJ logins.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video conferencing service that can be utilized by WPUNJ Faculty, Staff, and Students using their WPUNJ accounts. www.wpunj.edu/zoom Using Zoom, WPUNJ members can meet utilizing video, audio, and screen sharing.
We are currently licensed for Zoom Meetings, not Webinars.
Getting Started with Zoom
WP's Zoom Portal is available at www.wpunj.edu/zoom. To get started, simply login with your WPUNJ account.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Zoom has published a support page that compiles useful resources for using Zoom. See https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html for more info.
The following support resources are available to assist with how to start using Zoom:
- Zoom's Top 20 Zoom Resources article (which includes all of resources below,) available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042982391-Top-20-Zoom-resources
- A Frequently Asked Questions guide for how to use Zoom, available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806-Frequently-Asked-Questions
- The 'How To Zoom' video guide, available on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKpRxBfeD1kEM_I1lId3N_Xl77fKDzSXe
- Live Training Webinars offered by Zoom, available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360029527911
Additional information is also available in the Zoom 'Getting Started' article, available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697-Getting-Started.
Joining a Zoom Meeting
Joining a Zoom Meeting using the Desktop Application
- You should have received a link to join a Zoom meeting. Open the link in a browser.
- Select Open Zoom to open in the Zoom Application.
- Select your Audio option. You can either use your phone or computer for audio.
Joining a Zoom Meeting from your Browser
- Open Zoom link in browser.
- Select Join from Browser.
- If you are unable to join the meeting, the host may not have started the meeting yet.
Zoom meetings can be joined with a desktop client, a mobile app, or using a web browser.
To install Zoom on a university computer, access the Zoom install from either the Software Center (Windows) or Managed Software Center (Mac.) Please note: to install software from the Software Centers while off-campus, you will need to be connected to the university's VPN.
To install Zoom on a personal computer, simply download and install Zoom from the Zoom portal at https://wpunj.zoom.us/download.
To install Zoom on an iOS or Android phone or tablet, search your respective App store for Zoom. Once installed, sign in using the 'SSO' option with wpunj.zoom.us as the domain.
To join a Zoom meeting using a web browser, look for the 'If you cannot download or run the application, join from your browser.' link on the Zoom meeting landing page.
Logging Into Zoom with your WP account
Logging Into Zoom Meeting Software
When prompted to login to the Zoom Meeting software:
- Choose ‘Sign in with SSO’ from the right
- Enter wpunj.zoom.us as the Domain and click Continue
- Login to the WPconnect login with your WPUNJ account
Logging Into Zoom on the Web
From the Zoom web site you can create and manage meetings.
- To log in to the Zoom website, Sign in at www.wpunj.edu/zoom
- Log in using your WPUNJ account
Logging in with an existing Zoom account tied to your WPUNJ email
If you already have a Zoom login tied to your WPUNJ email, you can convert that account to be licensed under the main William Paterson Zoom account. To access your university-licensed Zoom account:
- Follow the instructions for logging in above, making sure to use the SSO login option which will have you login through WPconnect.
- The first time that you login using the SSO login option, you will receive a prompt that your Zoom account will be transitioned to the 'William Paterson University' account license.
- At that time, your existing Zoom account will be enabled with the 'Pro' features/license of the university account.
If you do not want your existing Zoom account (tied to your WPUNJ email) to be migrated to the university license, do not login using the SSO option. If you have questions on this process, please contact the Helpdesk at www.wpunj.edu/help or (973) 720-4357.
Scheduling Meetings on Zoom
You can schedule zoom meetings in multiple ways. You can utilize the Zoom web portal, Outlook desktop or web applications, or the Zoom application itself.
Using the Zoom Web Portal or Zoom app
Using the Outlook desktop application
To schedule meetings using the Outlook Application, on university computers, the Zoom plug-in for Outlook is included as part of the Zoom installations available through the Software Center (Windows) or Managed Software Center. On personal computers using Outlook, you can install the Outlook plug-in from the Zoom Download Center. (On personal computers we suggest using the Outlook web application to schedule meetings)
More information on using the Outlook plugin for the desktop application can be found on the Zoom Help Center.
Using Outlook 365
For Outlook on the web, the Zoom add-in has been pre-installed for all employee accounts. Please see the Zoom Help Center video and step by step instructions on scheduling Zoom meetings thru Outlook 365.
As of 1/31/21, Zoom now has Built in Captioning and it is available on all university zoom accounts. This needs to be turned on by the host of the meeting following these steps.
- Login to the Zoom Web Portal at www.wpunj.edu/zoom.
- Click on the Settings option on the left menu and then scroll down to Meeting (Advanced.)
- Ensure that Closed Captioning is toggled On and the 'Enabled live transcription service...' checkbox is checked.
Once this is set, the following option will be available in any Zoom meeting scheduled by the host. Clicking on the Live Transcript icon and then Enable Auto-Transcription should enable the transcription for that meeting.
Zoom Outlook Meeting Tool on Mac
Open Managed Software Center and install the Zoom Outlook Meeting Tool. This allows zoom meeting creations in Outlook.
There will be a popup upon installation. Click "OK" and approve.
Once it's installed, you will have a Zoom icon in Outlook.
Breakout Room Tutorials
Please refer to the YouTube videos created by Zoom for instructions on how to use the Breakout room features. Refer to these two videos.
Security Options and Suggestions
We suggest reviewing the material provided by Zoom, in the Getting Started with Zoom section above.
We recommend utilizing these security options when hosting a meeting:
- Meeting Password
- Enable waiting room
- Mute participants upon entry
- Disable annotation while sharing screen
In addition to utilizing these options, you can opt to require meeting attendees to have a Zoom account, or utilize their WPUNJ account to connect to your Zoom meeting. This setting is found under Meeting Options.
For additional in-depth detail on how to secure your Zoom meetings, see Zoom's | Securing Your Zoom Meetings guide.
Zoom meetings can be easily recorded by the host using the 'Record' button on the control console. When recording:
- Choosing Record to Cloud will save the meeting recording to the Zoom cloud storage for access through the WPUNJ Zoom web portal.
- Choosing Record to Local will save the meeting recording to your computer's hard drive.
Recording with Audio Transcription
To record meetings with Audio transcription:
- Login to the WPUNJ Zoom web portal (http://www.wpunj.edu/zoom)
- Click on Settings
- Click on the Recording Tab
- Check the 'Audio Transcript' checkbox under Advanced Cloud Recording Settings.
- Recordings must be saved to the cloud
- Shortly after the meeting has completed, you will receive an email from Zoom with a link to the meeting recording with audio transcript
Virtual Backgrounds allow users to mask the background of the room they are in with an image of their choosing. Zoom provides a few default backgrounds, and allows users to select their own image from their device.
Zoom's help center has an article on Using Virtual Backgrounds for PC, Mac and iOS clients.
You can download a file of William Paterson virtual backgrounds at this link.
Edit Sharing Settings in Meeting
Start your meeting. When you're in the meeting, click the arrow next to "Share" to see an additional screen where you can change sharing settings and change who can present.
Cisco Webex Roomkit for utilizing Zoom in 1800 Valley Roads Board Room
If you are utilizing the 1800 Valley Road Board Room, please make sure to set the location for the meeting to be the Roomkit