Media Services is located on the first floor of the David and Lorraine Cheng Library with satellite offices in Science 3054, Valley Road 16, and Hobart Hall 116. IRT supports the instructional and research needs of WPUNJ faculty, staff and students. Media Services acquires, maintains and provides access to audiovisual materials and accompanying equipment that represents all academic disciplines. Media Services oversees the smart classrooms, audio and listening facilities, production services and streaming content.
The Media Services library collections contains materials covering all academic disciplines in a variety of formats with over 19,000 DVDs and videotapes, 4000 streaming videos, audio CDs, CD-ROMs, 16mm films, and kits and games. Equipment circulation includes wireless laptops, iPads, digital audio recorders, digital video cameras, student response systems (clickers), and portable projectors.
Additional information about us: 973-720-2308
Hours for Spring/Fall Semester
Hours for Summer Semester
Equipment and Media Loans
Media Services makes available equipment and other audiovisual material loans for use either in class or for other academic and campus purposes. Please note the following qualifications:
- All loan requests should be made at least 24 hours in advance of scheduled need.
- Students, faculty and staff of William Paterson University may borrow equipment and media upon presentation of a valid University ID card. Not all equipment is available to all borrowers.
- Alumni must use a William Paterson University Alumni card to borrow media. Equipment may not be checked out by alumni. To obtain an Alumni card contact the Alumni Office at (973)720-2175.
- Equipment must be picked up and returned by the borrower.
- All equipment and media must be returned to Media Services during normal operating hours. Equipment or media should not be returned in the dropbox.
- Holds may be placed on media that is not available. An email will be sent to the requestor once the item has been returned.
- Media may be renewed only once if they item is not being requested by another borrower or is already overdue.
|Equipment||Loan Period||Overdue Fines|
|Student Wireless Laptop||3 hours||$10 per hour|
|Faculty Laptop||3 days|
|Digital Voice Recorder||3 days||$5 per day|
|Digital Video Camera||3 days||$5 per day|
|Video Camera||3 days||$5 per day|
|Portable VHS Player||3 days||$5 per day|
|Portable DVD Player||3 days||$5 per day|
|Portable Data Projector||3 days||$5 per day|
|Portable Screen||3 days||$5 per day|
|Ipads||3 hours||$10 per hour|
|Calculators||3 hours||$5 per hour|
Additional Faculty Equipment:
- Student Response Systems (Clickers): Media Services has packages of clickers (Turning Point) available for checkout from both Media Services offices in the Library and Valley Road.
- Tegrity: Media Services also has wireless microphones (Revolabs) and webcam packages that can be checked out to use with the Tegrity system.
Note: Reservations required, walk-in requests may not always be honored.
Media Services offers delivery and pickup of equipment not available in the classroom. To request deliveries please contact Media Services through the WebHelpDesk in person or by telephone (973)720-2308 during normal operating hours.
Please supply the following information:
- Name of requester
- Phone number
- Delivery date
- Starting and ending time
- Building and room number
Email confirmations will be sent out by request only. They cannot be given at the time of request. If you must cancel, please contact Media Services at (973)720-2308 as soon as you know you no longer need the equipment.
Please note: Equipment will be the faculty member's responsibility until it is picked up by a Media Services staff member.
Instructors may place Media Services' items, personal items, or legal off-air recordings on reserve for students to view in the library. All reserves items are entered into the WPUNJ Library Catalog and can be searched by the instructors' name and course number. Media Services requires 48 hours to process and place an item on reserve. Please contact Media Services at (973)720-2308 or in person to place items on reserve. Course name and number are also required to place items on reserve.
Media Services Reserve Collection:
- Reserve items belonging to Media Services may be taken out by other instructors for a 24 hour period for use in class.
- Bookings placed on an item by other faculty before the item was put on reserve will be honored.
- Media Services carefully handles personal items placed on reserve, but accepts no liability for loss or damage that may occur to the materials while it is in Media Services.
- Illegal copies of materials will not be placed on reserve.
Smart Classroom Locations and Operating Instructions
- Hobart: 140, 141, 143, 145 303
- Atrium: 114, 121, 123A, 123B, 125, 127
- Ben Shahn: 20, 105, 137, 146, 201, 204, 205, 222
- Cheng Library: Auditorium, Curriculum Materials, Paterson Room, L01
- High Mountain East: 6, 7
- Hunziker Hall: 109, 110, 128, 129, 131, 202, 203, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209
- Hunziker Wing: 016, 101, 108, 111, 122, 128, 129, 221, 232, 233, 237, 238, 239, 241
- Overlook South E Floor
- Raubinger Hall: 01, 101, 201, 202, 203, 209, 210, 212, 213, 214, 301, 302, 303, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316
- Power Arts: 109, 122
- Wightman Gym: 110A, 202, 203
- Valley Road: 1001, 1002, 1023, 1024, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2013, 2016, 2018, 3017, 3019
Science Hall Dual Projector Classrooms
- Science Hall East: 1017, 2041, 2047, 2063, 2064
- Science Hall West: 201, 301, 323
- Valley Road: 2001, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2021, 2022
- Atrium: 144
- Hobart 122
- Science Hall East: 1014, 1015, 1018, 1020, 2030, 3002, 3024, 3026, 3027, 3028, 3037, 3054D, 3054F, 3054G, 4007, 4009, 4018, 4021, 4023, 4026, 5000, 5001, 5019, 5020, 5035, 5036, 5040, 5041
- Science Hall West: 109, 219, 220, 221, 311
- Valley Road: 1012
Science Hall Crestron Lab
- Science Hall East 2010, 2013, 3008, 3013, 3015, 3018, 4003, 4005, 4006, 4011, 4012, 4020, 4026
- Science Hall West: 108, 112, 123, 204, 208, 209, 303, 309, 317
Viewing and Listening Spaces
Individual viewing and listening spaces are located in the Library, room 120G. Four comfortable rockers with headphone connections are available as well as the traditional carrels for listening and viewing. There are tables throughout the Library equipped with monitors and connections for laptops for groups to prepare presentations and work on projects.
Group Presentation Room (Room 110) A small conference room is equipped with a flat screen monitor, portable podium, DVD/VCR/Blu-Ray player, and cables for a laptop. This area can be booked for practice presentations by students or for small groups.
Duplication of non-copyrighted materials on DVD, CD, and VHS, can be requested of Media Services. Blank materials must be provided along with the original. For additional questions about this service please contact Media Services at (973)720-2984. Approximate turnaround time for this service is five business days.
Pages in category "Media Services"
This category contains only the following page.