Category:Blackboard - Faculty
- Use this link to contact the IT Help Desk
- Consult the Faculty Bb Bulletin for help setting up, saving and closing course shells; standard practices
Standard practices are the conventions followed by faculty and the Blackboard support staff in order to guarantee that the semester gets off to a smooth start. Adhering standard practices guarantee a common experience: students are added to the courses on the same day. It also helps guarantee clear, commonly understood communication between instructors and Teaching with Technology staff.
- Students are added to course shells two days prior to the start of the semester.
- Instructors can communicate with students before they are added to shells
- Instructors are responsible for activating their course shells; students will not be able to participate in, or even see, course shells until they're activated. The exception are courses taught completely online.
- Course shells are identified by the year/semester - department and course number - course section
201840-hist1010-80 Semester designations: Spring: 10 - Summer: 25 - Fall: 40 - Winter: 50
- The version of Blackboard we use is called Learn In Blackboard Corp. documentation look for Learn and ignore references to Ultra except in relation to Blackboard Collaborate.
Copy course content -- Transfer course content within and between semesters
- Starting July 1, 2018 faculty are responsible for managing all their intellectual property between and within semesters.
- To copy a course the instructor must be the instructor of record on both the origin and destination course. Professor Green cannot copy course material into a course in which Professor Blue is listed as the instructor.
- If two faculty agree to share content within or between semesters we need to see consent from both parties.
for cross-listed or multi-section courses
Beginning of the semester