William Paterson's license of Wolfram Mathematica provides the software to University employees and students for educational use. The software is available on campus as well as for home use on employee and student personal machines.
On Campus Locations
Computer Labs that feature an installation of Mathematica for student use:
|AT114||Mathematica 11.0.0||Public lab in the Atrium|
|AT123A||Mathematica 11.0.0||Public lab in the Atrium|
|AT123B||Mathematica 11.0.0||Public lab in the Atrium|
|SE3054||Mathematica 11.0.0||Public Lab in Science East|
|SE3037||Mathematica 11.0.0||Math Lab in Science East|
|VR1004||Mathematica 11.0.0||Public lab at Valley Road|
|VR1005||Mathematica 11.0.0||Public lab at Valley Road|
|VR1020||Mathematica 11.0.0||Public lab at Valley Road|
|VR1021||Mathematica 11.0.0||Public lab at Valley Road|
For more information about lab locations, please visit the Public Computer Lab Info Page.
To install the latest version of Mathematica campus machine, please use the Software Center.
Home Use Program
Student Home Use
A student copy of Mathematica for home use can be downloaded directly from the Wolfram User Portal, after a Wolfram ID is created.
To create a Wolfram ID:
- Go to the Wolfram User Portal and click "Create Account"
- Fill out form using your student (....@student.wpunj.edu) email address, and click "Create Wolfram ID"
- Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
To request the Mathematica download and key:
- Fill out the Wolfram Activation Key Request Form
- Click the "Product Summary page" link to access your license
- Click "Get Downloads" and select "Download" next to your platform
- Run the installer on your machine, and enter Activation Key at prompt
Faculty/Staff Home Use
To request a Home Use license for Wolfram Mathematica, WPU Faculty and Staff must complete a request form and submit it directly to Wolfram.
- Access the Site Home-Use Mathematica License Request Form
- The "Site Activation Key" field will already be filled. Expand image below to see an example.
- The radio button should already be filled in for "a New home-use license." under the question "What are you requesting?"
- Click "Continue"
- Complete the License Request Form and Read the User Agreement. NOTE: The method of delivery for WPU is "Download: Send it to me at the email address I specify (you will be asked for your email address later)"
- Fill out the required fields for Contact Information, Work Address and Home Address.
- For Proof of Eligibility, please select the first option "My status can be verified via our online staff directory at the following URL:" and copy the URL to our WPUNJ Faculty and Staff Directory:
- Click Submit
- Check your email to confirm your request and receive your download
Resources for Educators
Mathematica offers an interactive classroom experience that helps students explore and grasp concepts, plus gives faculty the tools they need to easily create supporting course materials, assignments, and presentations.
Mathematica for Teaching and Education Free video course
Learn how to make your classroom dynamic with interactive models, explore computation and visualization capabilities in Mathematica that make it useful for teaching practically any subject at any level, and get best-practice suggestions for course integration.
How To Create a Lecture Slideshow Video tutorial
Learn how to create a slideshow for class that shows a mixture of graphics, calculations, and nicely formatted text, with live calculations or animations.
Download pre-built, open-code examples from a daily-growing collection of interactive visualizations, spanning a remarkable range of topics.
Wolfram Training Education Courses
Access on-demand and live courses on Mathematica, SystemModeler, and other Wolfram technologies.
Hands-on Start to Mathematica Videos
Follow along in Mathematica as you watch this multi-part screencast that teaches you the basics—how to create your first notebook, calculations, visualizations, interactive examples, and more.
Hands-on Start to Wolfram Mathematica and Programming with the Wolfram Language Book
Learn Mathematica at your own pace from authors with 50+ years of combined Mathematica experience—with hands-on examples, end-of-chapter exercises, and authors' tips that introduce you to the breadth of Mathematica with a focus on ease of use.
Resources for Researchers
Rather than requiring different toolkits for different jobs, Mathematica integrates the world's largest collection of algorithms, high-performance computing capabilities, and a powerful visualization engine in one coherent system, making it ideal for academic research in just about any discipline.
Mathematica for University Research Free video course
Explore Mathematica's high-level and multi-paradigm programming language, support for parallel computing and GPU architectures, built-in functionality for specialized application areas, and multiple publishing and deployment options for sharing your work.
Wolfram Language Training Courses Free video course
Explore what's possible with the Wolfram Language, including programming fundamentals and concepts, built-in functions, symbolic expressions, and tips for better, faster coding.
Utilizing HPC and Grid Computing Free video course
Learn how to create programs that take advantage of multicore machines or available clusters.
Learn what areas of Mathematica are useful for specific fields.