What is Webex?
Webex is Cisco’s video conferencing platform. It allows individuals to make, receive, and schedule video calls and conferences from any device. Webex meetings are highly immersive, providing HD video, wireless content sharing and much more. Webex Meetings can have up to 25 participants and Webex Events can have up to 300. Webex meeting would be more collaborative whereas Webex events are more ideal for presentations and a larger audience.
Using the Full Application
The full application is available through the Software Center on University imaged machines. For personal machines, go to https://www.webex.com/downloads.html to install full application. Please note it is useful to have the full application installed but not required. It is best to schedule meetings through the web version.
Using the Web Version
From your web browser, Webex is available at www.wpunj.edu/webex.
- Click Sign in
- Enter your full WPU email address
- Sign in again with WPU login and Duo authentication.
Scheduling a Meeting from the Web
- Click "Schedule."
- Fill required sections.
Starting a Meeting from the Web
Whoever creates the Meeting will be able to "start" the meeting. Once the meeting is started, attendees can "join."
- Click "Start a Meeting" and follow prompt to install webex.exe.
- Click "Start Meeting" when you are ready.
- Once you start the meeting, others will be able to join.
- If you click "Participant" at the top, you can edit settings for participants.
- In the middle of the window, you can turn your mic or camera on/off, share your screen, view participants, and more.
Although the default is to use your computer/headset for audio, you are able to use your phone for audio. It is best to change audio before Joining or Starting a meeting.
- If you want to change the audio from your computer to your phone, notice the audio button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the "Call in" option.
- Call the phone number listed and follow telephone prompts to enter the Access Code and Attendee ID.
- You can also use the "Call me at" option and enter your phone number and follow telephone prompts.
Starting a Meeting from Outlook
- Once a meeting is scheduled, it will appear on your Outlook calendar.
- You can start the meeting from the calendar event.
Webex Events work well for larger audiences where most participants are there to see a presentation. https://help.webex.com/en-us/ngd4k6q/Get-Started-with-Cisco-Webex-Events
- Log into wpunj.edu/webex
- Find "Webex Events" towards the bottom of the page.
- Click "Schedule an Event." Note that whoever is hosting the event should schedule the event.
- Fill out all required sections.
- Under "Attendees & Registration" click "Create an invitation list" to invite attendees. This group would be the audience.
- Under Presenters & Presentations, click "Create invitation list" for Presenters and Panelists.
- Once everything is correct, click "Schedule This Event."
- Send email invitations and they will now show up in Outlook Calendars.
We recommend testing Webex meetings and events if you have never used it before. Please see this Webex Help Center. https://help.webex.com/en-us/
- By default, whoever creates the meeting is the Host. You can change role by right-clicking on the participant.
- Screen sharing can be done by clicking the share button.
- Record your meeting using the record button.
- Invite more attendees and other options by clicking the 3 vertical dots.
You can download the Cisco Webex on your Phone. Please note these screencaps are on an iPhone and will be slightly different for other phones and operating systems.
- Search for WebEx.
- Click "GET"
- Click "GET" again.
- Open App.
- Click "I Accept"
- Click "Sign in"
- Sign in with full email address.
- Enter Site URL.
- Login with WPU Credentials.
- Authenticate with Duo.
- If you have a meeting already set, you can select "Join."
- Click "Join Meeting."
- Enter Meeting Number which can be found in your email.