William Paterson University has recently performed an upgrade to our VPN (Virtual Private Network) capabilities. Prior to this upgrade, users were required to install the VPN client on their local computers through the WPConnect portal. After the upgrades performed, this service is now completely web based. What does this mean for you? You may now access your files from any computer with an active internet connection, without having to sign into WPConnect, download, install, then launch the VPN client. The steps are simple to sign into the new and improved Web VPN:
- Simply navigate to Web VPN and sign in with your university credentials.
- Click Login.
- Once your university credentials are verified, you will be taken to the new user interface for the VPN. The Home Tab will be the default view for your VPN session. From this home Tab, you will be able to view your U-Drive, K-Drive, as well as have direct links to both the university's home page and the Library's home page. Don't be alarmed if you don't see the words "U-drive" or "K-drive". They are simple named differently.
- My Folder represents your User folder, or your U-Drive.
- WPU Folders represents the K-Drive.
- Don't forget to LOG OFF after you have completed your VPN session.