The below article lists the software included on both University-issued student lab and faculty/staff machines. Instructions on using the 'Software Center' are also outlined.
The Software Center allows you to install applications through an easy to use self-service interface. The Software Center functionality is similar to an app store wherein you select the applications you would like, and they are downloaded directly to your computer without the need for additional passwords, permissions, or a technician on-site. Applications available in Software Center are licensed for use by members of the University. If you would like to request an application that is not listed, please submit a Help Desk ticket.
Using Software Center
- Click the Start button.
- Type Software Center and click when it appears.
- You will see a list of all available software.
- Click the application you would like to install and click the Install button. Estimated installation times are listed for each application in the details section below the list.
- Click the Installation Status tab to monitor your installation and to see what software has been installed via the Software Center.
Syncing Software Center
- The software center will do a sync about once a week to get a list of all of the available software the university has to offer. This sync can be forced at any time by doing the following steps:
Software Available in Software Center
The following software is currently available in the Software Center:
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Adobe Bridge CC
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Adobe Muse CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Autodesk Maya 2018
- Autodesk Mudbox 2018
- Autodesk Netfabb 2018
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft Project 2016
- Microsoft Visio 2016
- Sculptris Alpha 6
- Treesize Professional
- VLC Media Player
- Wolfram Mathematica
Software Pre-Installed on All Imaged Machines
All University imaged machines include the following software:
- MS Office 2016
- Google Chrome
- Notepad 2
- SurePDF Plugin
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Cisco AMP for Endpoints
- Cisco Anyconnect VPN client (Laptops only)
Software that is already installed on the machine will be displayed on the "Installed Software" tab in the Software Center.
Additional Software Pre-Installed on a Windows Student Lab Machine
Lab machines are intended for use in a multi-user, public environment and include the following additional software:
This list pertains to both desktop and laptop lab machines. Please note that certain labs will include specialized software. A list of these labs can be found on the User Services webpage.