- Is user the only one having a problem?
- No. Add the printer yourself and try to print.
- Yes. Can you ping the printer?
- If you cannot ping the printer, ask network and hardware to verify good connectivity. This eliminates the possibility of a network problem.
- If you determine that the problem is the printer and not the network, or, if the printer is displaying an error message that has to be addressed:
- Get the service tag number of the printer (tag on back of machine)
- Go to support.dell.com - enter the service tag number - Warranty information will display.
- If the printer is under warranty, contact Dell Support
Printer is OFFLINE
Tell client to right click on the printer and remove the device. Log off and back on.
Working with Different Printers
Paper Tray Locations
- Paper Tray 1 - manual paper feed on top of the printer
- Paper Trays 2 & 3 - Normal paper trays, labeled
Paper Tray Orientation
- These printers automatically detect the orientation of the paper in their trays. The paper size, that the printer chooses, is determined by the width of the paper guides.
- Printers may need to be rebooted after the proper orientations are set on the paper trays
Paper should be oriented as pictured:
Removing and Reseating the Drum Cartridges on the Dell 5130cn Printer
- Turn the printer off.
- Open the front cover.
- Rotate the lock levers of the inner cover to open it.
- Grasp the handles on the drum cartridge you want to replace and pull out the cartridge halfway.
- Grasp one side of the drum cartridge with the other hand and pull out the cartridge from the printer.
- If this is a new drum cartridge, pull out the ribbons.
- Slide the cartridge into the slot.
- Remove the orange protective covering (if present) of the installed drum cartridge and discard.
- Close the inner cover.
- Rotate the lock levers to secure the cover.
- Close the front cover.
Reset to Factory Defaults
- Go to utilities setting of printer's LCD menu
- Find restore factory default settings
If printer is jamming, try to determine where it’s jamming. Under the printer coming up from the tray, in the rear just before coming out, when it duplexes? This will help the phone tech. If you can't see the cause of the jam, tech support will walk you through steps to clear it.