Media Services is located on the first floor of the David and Lorraine Cheng Library with satellite offices in Science 3065, Valley Road 16, and Hobart Hall 116. IRT supports the instructional and research needs of WPUNJ faculty, staff and students. Media Services acquires, maintains and provides access to audio visual materials and accompanying equipment that represents all academic disciplines. Media Services oversees the smart classrooms, audio and listening facilities, production services and streaming content.
The Media Services library collections contains materials covering all academic disciplines in a variety of formats with over 19,000 DVDs and videotapes, 1000 streaming videos, audio CDs, CD-ROMs, 16mm films, and kits and games. Equipment circulation includes wireless laptops, iPads, digital recorders, flip cameras, student response systems (clickers), and portable projectors.
Additional information about us: 973-720-2984, or email email@example.com
Hours for Spring/Fall Semester
Hours for Summer Semester
Equipment and Media Loans
Media Services makes available equipment and other audiovisual material loans for use either in class or for other academic and campus purposes. Please note the following qualifications:
- All loan requests should be made at least 24 hours in advance of scheduled need.
- Students, faculty and staff of William Paterson University may borrow equipment and media upon presentation of a valid University ID card. Not all equipment is available to all borrowers.
- Alumni must use a William Paterson University Alumni card to borrow media. Equipment may not be checked out by alumni. To obtain an Alumni card contact the Alumni Office at (973)720-2175.
- Equipment must be picked up and returned by the borrower.
- All equipment and media must be returned to Media Services during normal operating hours. Equipment or media should not be returned in the dropbox.
- Holds may be placed on media that is not available. An email will be sent to the requestor once the item has been returned.
- Media may be renewed only once if they item is not being requested by another borrower or is already overdue.
|Equipment||Loan Period||Overdue Fines|
|Student Wireless Laptop||3 hours||$10 per hour|
|Faculty Laptop||3 days|
|Digital Voice Recorder||3 days||$5 per day|
|Flip Camera||3 days||$5 per day|
|Video Camera||3 days||$5 per day|
|Portable VHS Player||3 days||$5 per day|
|Portable DVD Player||3 days||$5 per day|
|Portable Data Projector||3 days||$5 per day|
|Portable Screen||3 days||$5 per day|
|Ipads||3 hours||$10 per hour|
|Calculators||3 hours||$5 per hour|
Additional Faculty Equipment:
- Student Response Systems (Clickers): Media Services has packages of clickers (Turning Point) available for checkout from both Media Services office in the Library and Valley Road.
- Tegrity: Media Services also has wireless microphones (Revolabs) and webcam packages that can be checked out to use with the Tegrity system.
Note: Reservations required, walk-in requests may not always honored.
Media Services offers delivery and pickup of software (videos, DVDs, blue-rays, and CDs) for classes in academic buildings only. To request software deliveries please contact Charlene Lovegrove, Scheduling Coordinator by memo, <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email</a>, in person or by telephone (973)720-2984 during normal operating hours.
Please supply the following information:
- Name of requester
- Phone number
- Delivery date
- Starting and ending time
- Building and room number
- Title of software needed
Email confirmations will be sent out by request only. They cannot be given at the time of request. If you must cancel, please contact Media Services at (973)720-2984 as soon as you know you no longer need the software.
Please note: Software will be the faculty member's responsibility until it is picked up by a Media Services staff member. Please remember to remove all software from equipment and prepare and it for pickup.
Instructors may place Media Service items, personal items, or legal off-air recordings on reserve for students to view in the library. All reserves items are entered into the WPUNJ Library Catalog and can be searched by the instructors' name and course number. Media Services requires 48 hours to process and place an item on reserve. Please contact Media Services at (973)720-2308 or in person to place items on reserve. Course name and number are also required to place items on reserve.
Media Services Reserve Collection:
- Reserve items belonging to Media Services may be taken out by other instructors for a 24 hour period for use in class.
- Bookings placed on an item by other faculty before the item was put on reserve will be honored.
- Media Services carefully handles personal items placed on reserve, but accepts no liability for loss or damage that may occur to the materials while it is in Media Services.
- Illegal copies of materials will not be placed on reserve.
Smart Classroom Locations and Operating Instructions
- Atrium: 114, 121, 123A, 123B, 125, 127, 144
- Ben Shahn: 20, 105, 137, 146, 201,204, 205, 222
- Cheng Library: Auditorium, Curriculum Materials, Paterson Room, L01
- High Mountain East: 6, 7
- Hobart Hall: 109, 110, 128, 129, 131, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209
- Hunziker Wing: 016, 101,111,128,129, 232, 233, 237, 241
- Overlook South: E Floor
- Raubinger Hall: 01, 101, 201, 202, 203, 209, 210, 212, 213, 214, 301, 302, 303, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316
- Power Arts: 109, 122
- Wightman Gym: 110A, 202, 203
Science Hall Dual Projector Classrooms
- Science Hall East 1017, 2041, 2047, 2063, 2064
- Science Hall West 201, 301, 323
- Science Hall East: 1014, 1015, 1018, 1020, 2030, 3002, 3024, 3026, 3027, 3028, 3037, 3054D, 3054F, 3054G, 4007, 4009, 4018, 4021, 4023, 4026, 5000, 5001, 5003, 5019, 5020, 5035, 5036, 5040, 5041
- Science Hall West: 109, 219, 220, 221, 311
Science Hall Creston Lab
- Science Hall East: 2010, 2013, 3008, 3009, 3013, 3015, 3018, 4003, 4005, 4006, 4011, 4012, 4020, 4026
- Science Hall West: 108, 112, 123, 204, 208, 209, 303, 309, 317
Viewing and Listening Spaces
Individual viewing and listening spaces are located in the Library, room 120G. Four comfortable rockers with headphone connections are available as well as the traditional carrels for listening and viewing. There are tables throughout the Library equipped with monitors and connections for laptops for groups to prepare presentations and work on projects.
Group Presentation Room (Room 120H) A small conference room is equipped with a flat screen monitor, portable podium, DVD/VCR/Blu-Ray player, and cables for a laptop. This area can be booked for practice presentations by students or for small groups.
Come watch a movie in comfort and ease, alone or with groups. IRT’s Media Services proudly presents new Previewing Spaces!
With financial support from the SGA, we have comfortable, new, state-of-the-art previewing spaces for listening and viewing. There are two areas with boom rocker chairs, a flat screen TV with a DVD/VHS player, CD player and Blu-Ray player.
The interactive, ergonomically-designed rockers enable students to sit comfortably with input and output ports providing access to volume controls allowing users to listen with headsets or two built in stereo speakers on the chairs. An ottoman situated between the rockers allows students to take notes. A splat color coordinated clock is on the wall along with four giclées of musicians designed by a Colorado artist.
For those who prefer more traditional viewing and listening stations, the other side of the room is equipped with four new carrels and leather chairs, flat screen monitors, headphones, DVD/VHS/Blu-Ray players and audio listening equipment.
Duplication of non-copyrighted materials on DVD, CD, and VHS, can be requested of Media Services. Blank materials must be provided along with the original. For additional questions about this service please contact Media Services at (973)720-2984. Approximate turnaround time for this service is five business days.
Editing equipment is provided in Media Services for use by students. Reservations can be made in person or by calling (973)720-2984.