Difference between revisions of "Information Technology Orientation"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "This article provides a recommended schedule where new employees of the William Paterson University community can familiarize themselves with the resources that Information te...")
Revision as of 15:18, 31 July 2014
This article provides a recommended schedule where new employees of the William Paterson University community can familiarize themselves with the resources that Information technology provides.
- On Day 1
- Best ways to get help from IT -- Web Help Desk, Phone at 973-720-3296
- [http:www.wpunj.edu/it/policies Information Technology Policies], CRP Hardware and Standard software for whatever platform they use
- Password (passphrase) complexity and importance of being unique.
- Data Protection - e-mail and local laptop drive
- Telephone and voicemail set-up and web access to voicemail
- Overview of role-specific applications (Banner, etc) and training options
- Emergency Notification Connect-Ed Setup
- Month 1
- Contingency/working from off site
- Office 365 and how to collaborate with people
- Email on mobile devices
- Access to WPU Technology services remotely, VPN, web and client. https://itwiki.wpunj.edu/index.php/Web_VPN
- Software center/managed apps
- Blackboard Institute offerings, CTLT offerings, and Blended Learning Boot Camp
- By month 3
- Print shop
- Blackboard Refresher, Online Pedagogy Institute, and Quality Matters Program