Identify a PC and MAC
Ways to identify a PC and a MAC
This article explains how to find your computer name
Finding your Computer Name:
1. Click the 'Start Button'
2. Type "Computer Name" in the Search Box
3. Click the Link for "See the name of this computer"
4. Computer Name is located in the center of the control panel window that opens
Service tag or serial number
This article explains how to find your device serial number or service tag.
Dell refers to its serial numbers as service tags
- You can use Internet Explorer to find your service tag online. Click here. Agree to run the system profiler, and install the Dell System Profiler add-on.
Dell knowledgebase article: How to find the service tag on a Dell desktop computer?
The service tag number will be usually be found on the back of the computer case, but it may be located on the top or side of the system.
- Finding the serial number on a Mac is the same on both a laptop and a desktop. See instructions here: Mac Serial Number
- If you Mac won't turn on, follow the instructions in this Apple knowledgebase article.
You can find the service tag on the back of the printer: