IOS Email Settings
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Setting up WP Email on an iPhone
- Under Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars: add a new Microsoft Exchange account.
- Enter your entire WPUNJ email address as both the Email AND the Username, leave Domain blank, and enter your account's password where it asks for it.
- Enter a Description for the account (ex: WPU). Click Next.
- After a few seconds of "Verifying", it may come back and show a new field for "Server". If so, enter "pod51004.outlook.com" and click Next.
- After "Verifying", you'll have the option to turn on what you want to Sync (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc) then Save.
- The initial synchronization may respond with an “unable to connect with server” message, but that should disappear within 5 minutes.
- If you get an "Unable to Sync Account" error when you try to access your WP email, go back to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Click on the WP (or whatever you entered for the Description) account, then click again on the "Account firstname.lastname@example.org" box at the top. Make sure Use SSL is turned on. If you still get an error, sign into your account one time directly through Outlook.com (use full email address as the username) and try the iPhone email again.