IOS Email Settings
This article details how to configure WPUNJ email on iPhone and iPad.
- Touch the Settings icon, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars-- add a new Microsoft Exchange account.
- Enter your entire WPUNJ email address as both the Email and the Username, leave Domain blank, and enter your account password.
- Enter a Description for the account, e.g. WPUNJ and click Next.
- After a few seconds of "Verifying", it may come back and show a new field for "Server". If so, enter pod51004.outlook.com and click Next.
- After "Verifying", you'll have the option to turn on what you want to Sync (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc.) then Save.
- The initial synchronization may respond with an “unable to connect with server” message, but that should disappear within 5 minutes.
If you receive an "Unable to Sync Account" error when you try to access your WP email, go back to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Click on the newly created account, and click again on the "Account email@example.com" box at the top. Make sure Use SSL is turned on. If you still receive an error, sign into your email account one time by going to WP Connect and clicking the email tab (use full email address as the username) and try the iPhone email again.
Faculty and Staff
Setting up WP Email on an iPhone
- Under Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars: add a new Microsoft Exchange account.
- Email: Enter your full WPUNJ email address
- Password: Enter your account's password
- User name is the username you use on the WPU network (last name,first initial e.g., smithj)
- When prompted for the server name, enter msync.wpunj.edu
- Domain = wpc
- Enter a Description for the account, for example WPUNJ). Click Next.
After a few minutes your account should sync.
Faculty and Staff
- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Type your full e-mail address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then select Next.
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
- Enter your user name and domain. On some versions of Android, this information will be in the same box and must be entered as wpc\user.
- Enter your password in the appropriate box.
- Enter the server as msync.wpunj.edu.
Depending on your phone, you may have to accept security settings when it first connects to the Exchange Server. You must press Activate or Allow.