|Health & Wellness Center:||973-720-2361|
In case of fire, call University Police, at extension 2300
All 911 calls from a campus phone are directed to the university police.
Emergency Alerts (Weather)
The President of the University may cancel classes due to weather conditions or other campus emergencies. The Technology Services department is responsible for issuing those announcements at the direction of the President or his designee. The following means are available to obtain this information:
- An Emergency Notification message containing detailed information pertaining to the incident will be delivered to all locations (voice messages to cell, home or alternate phones, text messages) as specified by you. Participation in this service is mandatory for resident students. Please access WPConnect Emergency Notification Service under WPUNJ Bookmarks to log in to sign up.
- University Emergency Number is 973-720-2475. A recorded message regarding the status of University operations will be posted. Status includes cancelled classes, closings, delayed openings or early releases. This number is printed on the back of the WPU ID card.
- Access the University Homepage regarding the status of operations
- Check your University Email Account Email login
- Access the University's Facebook page and/or Twitter feed.
- Announced for weather conditions only on the following Radio and TV stations.
WINS 1010 AM, WOR 710 AM, Max 106.3 FM, WSUS 102.3 FM, WNNJ 103.7 FM, Clear Channel Tri-State
NEWS 12 NJ, WNBC, CBS2, and WINS has a website, www.1010wins.com that will list school closings.
Rave Guardian App
Rave Guardian is a mobile app that consolidates important Campus resources and provides two-way critical communication between students and campus officials including Campus Police.
- To you use the app, Emergency Notifications must be set up for your account.
- If you have not set up Emergency Notifications, do so by accessing the link under general services in the student’s tab, or under HR profile in the employees tab.
- When you are enabled for emergency notifications, you can download the Rave Guardian App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and enter your cell phone number then enter the conformation code you receive. Follow this same process using your William Paterson email.
- When you have Rave guardian open, you will have access to a wide array of campus information and resources by pressing one of the six icons shown.
THIS APP ENABLES YOU, IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, TO DIRECTLY CALL CAMPUS POLICE AT ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE ON CAMPUS.