|Health & Wellness Center:||973-720-2361|
In case of fire, call University Police, at extension 2300
All 911 calls from a campus phone are directed to the university police.
The President of the University may cancel classes due to weather conditions or other campus emergencies. The Technology Services department is responsible for issuing those announcements at the direction of the President or his designee. The following means are available to obtain this information:
- An Emergency Notification message containing detailed information pertaining to the incident will be delivered to all locations (voice messages to cell, home or alternate phones, text messages) as specified by you. Participation in this service is mandatory for resident students. Please access WPConnect Emergency Notification Service under WPUNJ Bookmarks to log in to sign up.
- Weather Emergency Number 973-720-2475 A recorded message regarding cancelled classes, closings, delayed openings or early releases is posted to the Weather Emergency Number. Please dial this number to hear the status of University operations.
- Access the University Homepage at regarding the status of operations
- Check your University Email Account Email login
- Access the University's Facebook page and/or Twitter feed.
- Announced on the following Radio and TV stations.
WINS 1010 AM, WOR 710 AM, Max 106.3 FM, WSUS 102.3 FM, WNNJ 103.7 FM, Clear Channel Tri-State
NEWS 12 NJ, WNBC, CBS2, and WINS has a website, www.1010wins.com that will list school closings.
Rave Guardian App
Rave Guardian is a mobile app that consolidates important Campus resources and provides two-way critical communication between students and campus officials.
- Important campus messages and alerts will appear in the inbox.
- With the safety timer, you can appoint a friend from your contacts as your guardian. When you set a timer, this guardian will be sent a text with a link to monitor your progress when traveling.
- If you submit a tip, you can report an incident or campus concern via text as yourself or anonymously.
- Access campus directory and click a selection on the list to instantly contact that department.
- Campus Resources provides a list of important campus weblinks.
- Finally, this button is available to directly contact campus police.