Changing Your Password on Mac OS X
- Note: This will also change the password for your e-mail account!!*
1) Go to the System Preferences. You can get to it from the Apple menu or the icon in the Dock.
2) Click on the "Users & Groups" pane.
3) Your account will be highlighted. Click on the "Change Password" button.
4) Change your password. Old password first. new one next.
*Note* Please beware that when you change your password using these directions your e-mail password will also be changed. After changing your password you may get a prompt for your "login keychain" password. This is usually the old password. It will then update to the new password you created.