Category:Blackboard - Faculty
- Use this link to contact the IT Help Desk
Bb 101 - In the event of a campus closure
|Login to Collaborate]||Collaborate Help for Moderators]||Collaborate Interface Tour]|
|Tour Bb environment||Global navigation||Jump from course to course|
|Session Settings]||Video Settings]||Private Chat]|
|Closed captioning]||Breakout groups]||Sharing files with breakout groups]|
|Private chat]||Polling]||Sharing powerpoint files]|
Login to Collaborate]
Collaborate Help for Moderators]
Collaborate Interface Tour]
Sharing files with breakout groups]
Sharing powerpoint files]
- In the case of a school closure, instructional technologists will be available seven days a week.
- The best way to contact support personnel is to use the Help Desk: http://help.wpunj.edu
- The school only has three instructional technologists so response time may not be immediate. Please be patient, we are happy to help everybody and we will get to you!
- Students are added to course shells two days prior to the start of the semester.
- Instructors can communicate with students before they are added to shells
- Course shells are identified by the year/semester - department and course number - course section
201840-hist1010-80 Semester designations: Spring: 10 - Summer: 25 - Fall: 40 - Winter: 50
- The version of Blackboard we use is called Learn In Blackboard Corp. documentation look for Learn and ignore references to Ultra except in relation to Blackboard Collaborate.
Copy course content -- Transfer course content within and between semesters
- Starting July 1, 2018 faculty are responsible for managing all their intellectual property between and within semesters.
- To copy a course the instructor must be the instructor of record on both the origin and destination course. Professor Green cannot copy course material into a course in which Professor Blue is listed as the instructor.
- If two faculty agree to share content within or between semesters we need to see consent from both parties.
for cross-listed or multi-section courses
Beginning of the semester
|Cengage||Get started||Get support|
|Pearson||Get started||Get support|
Bb Accessibility: Ally
|Quick Start||Accessibility Scores||View File Accessibility|
|Instructor FAQs||Video Demonstration|
Improve File Accessibility:
|Accessibility Checklist||Instructor Feedback Panel||Add a Library Reference|
|Add Headings to a Document||Scanned PDFs||Tag a PDF|
|Add Headers to Document Data Tables||Add Alt Descriptions To Image Files||Add Alt Descriptions to Presentation Images|
|Create and Manage Groups||Virtual classroom & chat tools|
|Discussions||Create forums||Create threads|
|Discussions: Replying||Discussions: Managing||Discussions: Moderating|
|Search & collect||Grading||Statistics|
Collaborate Web Conferencing
|Getting Started||Navigation||Schedule Sessions|
|Configure your session||Join a session||Conduct a session|
|Publish||Accessibility||Collaborate IT Wiki page|
Course Reports & Retention Center
|Track Performance||Introduction to the retention center||Performance Dashboard|
|Course Reports||Item statistics tracking||Create an Item Statistics Report|
|Use item analysis||Detailed course reports||Evaluation module|
Blackboard Instructor mobile app for Faculty
|Instructor mobile tour||Toolkit - a one-stop shop for Instructor Support|
End of the Semester
|Export and Archive Courses||Restore archived courses|
Pages in category "Blackboard - Faculty"
This category contains only the following page.