Category:Blackboard - Faculty
- Use this link to contact the IT Help Desk
- Consult the Faculty Bb Bulletin for help setting up, saving and closing course shells; standard practices
Bb 101 - Campus Closure
|Activate a course shell||Create an announcemen||Post an item|
|Send an email||Create a discussion board||Digitize course materials|
|Grade center||Collaborate Video Conferencing||Bb instructor videos|
|Collaborate Interface Tour||[URL NAME]||[URL NAME]|
|[URL NAME]||[URL NAME]||[URL NAME]|
|[URL NAME]||[URL NAME]||[URL NAME]|
- In the case of a school closure, instructional technologists will be available seven days a week.
- The best way to contact support personnel is to use the Help Desk: http://help.wpunj.edu
- The school only has three instructional technologists so response time may not be immediate. Please be patient, we are happy to help everybody and we will get to you!
Standard practices are the conventions followed by faculty and the Blackboard support staff in order to guarantee that the semester gets off to a smooth start. Adhering standard practices guarantee a common experience: students are added to the courses on the same day. It also helps guarantee clear, commonly understood communication between instructors and Teaching with Technology staff.
- Students are added to course shells two days prior to the start of the semester.
- Instructors can communicate with students before they are added to shells
- Instructors are responsible for activating their course shells; students will not be able to participate in, or even see, course shells until they're activated. The exception are courses taught completely online.
- Course shells are identified by the year/semester - department and course number - course section
201840-hist1010-80 Semester designations: Spring: 10 - Summer: 25 - Fall: 40 - Winter: 50
- The version of Blackboard we use is called Learn In Blackboard Corp. documentation look for Learn and ignore references to Ultra except in relation to Blackboard Collaborate.
Copy course content -- Transfer course content within and between semesters
- Starting July 1, 2018 faculty are responsible for managing all their intellectual property between and within semesters.
- To copy a course the instructor must be the instructor of record on both the origin and destination course. Professor Green cannot copy course material into a course in which Professor Blue is listed as the instructor.
- If two faculty agree to share content within or between semesters we need to see consent from both parties.
for cross-listed or multi-section courses
Beginning of the semester
|Cengage||Get started||Get support|
|Pearson||Get started||Get support|
Bb Accessibility: Ally
|Quick Start||Accessibility Scores||View File Accessibility|
|Instructor FAQs||Video Demonstration|
Improve File Accessibility:
|Accessibility Checklist||Instructor Feedback Panel||Add a Library Reference|
|Add Headings to a Document||Scanned PDFs||Tag a PDF|
|Add Headers to Document Data Tables||Add Alt Descriptions To Image Files||Add Alt Descriptions to Presentation Images|
|Create and Manage Groups||Virtual classroom & chat tools|
|Discussions||Create forums||Create threads|
|Discussions: Replying||Discussions: Managing||Discussions: Moderating|
|Search & collect||Grading||Statistics|
Collaborate Web Conferencing
|Getting Started||Navigation||Schedule Sessions|
|Configure your session||Join a session||Conduct a session|
|Publish||Accessibility||Collaborate IT Wiki page|
Course Reports & Retention Center
|Track Performance||Introduction to the retention center||Performance Dashboard|
|Course Reports||Item statistics tracking||Create an Item Statistics Report|
|Use item analysis||Detailed course reports||Evaluation module|
Blackboard Instructor mobile app for Faculty
|Instructor mobile tour||Toolkit - a one-stop shop for Instructor Support|
End of the Semester
|Export and Archive Courses||Restore archived courses|
Pages in category "Blackboard - Faculty"
This category contains only the following page.