Difference between revisions of "Category:Blackboard - Faculty"
|Line 377:||Line 377:|
<td style="width:320px;">SafeAssign anti-plagiarism tool</td>
SafeAssign anti-plagiarism tool</td>
<td style="width:320px;">[https://help.blackboard.com/SafeAssign/Instructor <span style="color:#0000FF">Full Bb Documentation</span>]</td>
[https://help.blackboard.com/SafeAssign/Instructor <span style="color:#0000FF">Full Bb Documentation</span>]</td>
<td style="width:320px;">Local documentation soon</td>
Local documentation soon</td>
Revision as of 10:27, 31 January 2019
- Use this link to contact the IT Help Desk
- Consult the Faculty Bb Bulletin for help setting up, saving and closing course shells; standard practices
Standard practices are the conventions followed by faculty and the Blackboard support staff in order to guarantee that the semester gets off to a smooth start. Adhering standard practices guarantee a common experience: students are added to the courses on the same day. It also helps guarantee clear, commonly understood communication between instructors and Teaching with Technology staff.
- Students are added to course shells two days prior to the start of the semester.
- Instructors can communicate with students before they are added to shells
- Instructors are responsible for activating their course shells; students will not be able to participate in, or even see, course shells until they're activated. The exception are courses taught completely online.
- Course shells are identified by the year/semester - department and course number - course section
201840-hist1010-80 Semester designations: Spring: 10 - Summer: 25 - Fall: 40 - Winter: 50
- The version of Blackboard we use is called Learn In Blackboard Corp. documentation look for Learn and ignore references to Ultra except in relation to Blackboard Collaborate.
Copy course content -- Transfer course content within and between semesters
- Starting July 1, 2018 faculty are responsible for managing all their intellectual property between and within semesters.
- To copy a course the instructor must be the instructor of record on both the origin and destination course. Professor Green cannot copy course material into a course in which Professor Blue is listed as the instructor.
- If two faculty agree to share content within or between semesters we need to see consent from both parties.
for cross-listed or multi-section courses
Beginning of the semester
|Cengage||Get started||Get support|
|Pearson||Get started||Get support|
Bb Accessibility: Ally
|Quick Start||Accessibility Scores||View File Accessibility|
|Instructor FAQs||Video Demonstration|
Improve File Accessibility:
|Accessibility Checklist||Instructor Feedback Panel||Add a Library Reference|
|Add Headings to a Document||Scanned PDFs||Tag a PDF|
|Add Headers to Document Data Tables||Add Alt Descriptions To Image Files||Add Alt Descriptions to Presentation Images|
|Create and Manage Groups||Virtual classroom & chat tools|
|Discussions||Create forums||Create threads|
|Discussions: Replying||Discussions: Managing||Discussions: Moderating|
|Search & collect||Grading||Statistics|
Collaborate Web Conferencing
|Getting Started||Navigation||Schedule Sessions|
|Configure your session||Join a session||Conduct a session|
|Publish||Accessibility||Collaborate IT Wiki page|
SafeAssign anti-plagiarism tool Full Bb Documentation Local documentation soon
Course Reports & Retention Center
|Track Performance||Introduction to the retention center||Performance Dashboard|
|Course Reports||Item statistics tracking||Create an Item Statistics Report|
|Use item analysis||Detailed course reports||Evaluation module|
Blackboard Instructor mobile app for Faculty
|Instructor mobile tour||Toolkit - a one-stop shop for Instructor Support|
End of the Semester
|Export and Archive Courses||Restore archived courses|
Pages in category "Blackboard - Faculty"
This category contains only the following page.