Difference between revisions of "Category:Blackboard - Faculty"
|Line 285:||Line 285:|
Revision as of 10:23, 10 January 2018
- Use this link to contact the IT Help Desk
- Consult the Faculty Bb Bulletin for help setting up, saving and closing course shells; standard practices
Standard practices are the conventions followed by faculty and the Blackboard support staff in order to guarantee that the semester gets off to a smooth start. Adhering standard practices guarantee a common experience: students are added to the courses on the same day. It also helps guarantee clear, commonly understood communication between instructors and Teaching with Technology staff.
- Students are added to course shells two days prior to the start of the semester.
- Instructors can communicate with students before they are added to shells
- Instructors are responsible for activating their course shells; students will not be able to participate in, or even see, course shells until they're activated. The exception are courses taught completely online.
- Course shells are identified by the year/semester - department and course number - course section Example: 201740-hist1010-80 Semester designations: Spring: 10 - Summer: 25 - Fall: 40 - Winter: 50
- The version of Blackboard we use is called Learn and you can ignore references to Ultra except in relation to Blackboard Collaborate.
Also, see the Do it Yourself Option
Use the Control Panel Packages and Utilities tab to save a copy of an existing course and upload it into a new shell: Copy course material to a different course shell
for cross-listed or multi-section courses
Beginning of the semester
|Create and Manage Groups||Virtual classroom & chat tools|
|Discussions||Create forums||Create threads|
|Discussions: Replying||Discussions: Managing||Discussions: Moderating|
|Search & collect||Grading||Statistics|
Collaborate Web Conferencing
|Getting Started||Navigation||Schedule Sessions|
|Configure your session||Join a session||Conduct a session|
|Publish||Accessibility||Collaborate IT Wiki page|
AssessmentsBox View in-line grader, after January 15 2018
Course Reports & Retention Center
|Track Performance||Introduction to the retention center||Performance Dashboard|
|Course Reports||Item statistics tracking||Create an Item Statistics Report|
|Use item analysis||Detailed course reports||Evaluation module|
Blackboard Mobile for Instructors
|Introduction, download, FAQ||Instructor app tour|
End of the Semester
|Export and Archive Courses||Restore archived courses|
Pages in category "Blackboard - Faculty"
This category contains only the following page.