COVID-19 Technology Resources
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, William Paterson University Information Technology has created this article to assist our students, faculty and staff with information on continuing their education and work from off-campus.
Resources for Employees
Information on the variety of tools available for continuing remote work are available at Resources_for_Working_Remotely
Resources for Faculty & Online Instruction
For support with the use of Blackboard for online instruction, visit the 'Bb 101 - Teaching Remotely' support page at https://itwiki.wpunj.edu/index.php/Category:Blackboard_-_Faculty#Bb_101_-_Teaching_Remotely
Resources for Students
- For help with Blackboard, visit the Blackbor for Students support page at https://itwiki.wpunj.edu/index.php/Category:Blackboard_-_Students
Software Available for Student Use on Personal Computers
The following software is available for limited use on personal computers and devices.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (available through May 31st 2020)
- Visit Adobe_Creative_Cloud for additional information on how to access the Adobe Creative Cloud products on personal devices.
- SPSS Statistics (Subscription Free trial available through June 15th 2020)
- Visit https://www.ibm.com/analytics/academic-statistical-software for a 90 day trial
- Wolfram Mathematica|Online (Available through August 15th 2020)
- Visit Wolfram_Mathematica#Home_Use_Program for information on how to use Mathematica Online
Resources for Acquiring Internet Access
For any student or employee in need of internet access, the following resources are available through ISPs.
- Altice USA is offering Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household. More information at https://www.alticeusa.com/news/articles/feature/corporate/altice-usa-brings-free-broadband-k-12-and-college-students-during-coronavirus-pandemic
- Comcast is offering free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time. More information at https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19.
- Optimum Online - To enroll in Optimum's free service, call 866-200-9522, ask for the sales department and let them know you wish to qualify for the free service.
- Spectrum is offering Free internet Access for 60 days for students with homes without internet access. The Spectrum numbers are 1.844.488.8398 and 844-488-8395. More information at https://www.spectrum.com.
- AT&T is offering open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families. More information at https://www.att.com/shop/internet/access/#!/
- Sprint is providing unlimited data to existing customers will allow all phones to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge. More information at https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/covid-19.html?INTCID=HPB:ALL:ALL:COVID19:LP.
- T-Mobile is providing plus unlimited data to existing customers and will allow all phones to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge. More information at https://www.t-mobile.com/brand/ongoing-updates-covid-19?icid=MGPO_TMO_P_CUSTSUPT_K49SR0SE1EB2Z9F6E20091_HP#customers.
- Verizon is offering discount programs to qualified low income households. More info at https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/account/manage-account/lifeline-discount.
Additionally, the recently announced FCC agreement states that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and provide open hot-spots during the pandemic crisis.