ArcGIS Online is a key component and an integral part of Esri’s ArcGIS system. It is a content management system comprised of applications and templates for creating interactive maps. ArcGIS Online users can share maps within an organization or the world through ready-to-use tools that are available for the web, smartphones and tablets. Data, delivered as maps and information feeds, are accessible by other web developers and GIS analysts who can share its contents through the same system. ArcGIS Online is mainly used by GIS professionals to publish information online – including geographic information, cartography, analytics and workflows.
Users can use ArcGIS Online to extend the capabilities of ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server, ArcGIS applications, and ArcGIS APIs and Runtime SDKs. Users can also add many types of maps, layers, applications, tools and files to ArcGIS Online.
To get access to ArcGIS Online a Help Desk ticket must be submitted by a faculty member under the 'Software' category. There are a limited amount of license. Access to ArcGIS Online also allows access to ArcGIS Pro. ArcGIS Pro can be downloaded on University PCs via the Software Center and from https://wpunj.maps.arcgis.com/.
Creating WPUNJ ESRI Account
Please note this step may not be required if an account was created for you by an Administrator
- Upon approval you will receive an email from ArcGIS similar to this:
- Click the link at the bottom of the email and you will brought to this page:
- Sign in using your WPUNJ Credentials.
Downloading ArcGIS Pro from ArcGIS Online
- Sign in to your ArcGIS Online organization.
- At the top of the page, click your user name and click My settings.
- On the My settings page, click the Licenses tab.
- Next to ArcGIS Pro, click Download.
- In the Download window, review the Language setting. If you want to download a localized version of ArcGIS Pro, change the setting to the language you want.
- Click Download.
Instructions provided by https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/download-arcgis-pro.htm