Android Email Settings
To setup email on your Android smartphone please use the following information. These instructions may differ from phone to phone because of the different versions of Android available and the way different carriers implement email clients.
If you are having difficulty configuring your email we suggest that you contact your service provider with the information presented in this article. Given the many variations of Android, our documentation cannot address all situations. Your service provider will be of the best assistance.
- From the Applications menu, select your device's email app. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android. You can also use the Gmail app.
- Type your full email address (ex: email@example.com), password, and click next.
- Select Exchange as the account type. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
- Your account should automatically connect. If it doesn't connect, tap Manual Setup and follow the instructions below.
Manual Email Settings
- Select Exchange from the options menu.
- Email Address: Type your full email address.
- Domain\Username: If your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, type outlook.office365.com\email@example.com. If the Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type your full email address in the Username box.
- Enter your password for your email.
- Exchange server: outlook.office365.com
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others. Accept any permissions required by this account. Your email account is now connected.
Faculty and Staff
- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then select Next.
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
- enter domain. WPC
- Enter your username and domain. On some versions of Android, this information will be in the same box and must be entered as wpc\user.
- Enter your password in the appropriate box.
- Enter the server as msync.wpunj.edu.
Depending on your phone, you may have to accept security settings when it first connects to the Exchange Server. You must press Activate or Allow.