Adobe Creative Cloud
About Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud is a set of applications and services released by Adobe for graphic design, video editing, photo editing, web design, and mobile app development. The Creative Cloud (CC) applications are available campus wide and for home use. It is a user-based software, so all users need to log in for it to use. Faculty get home use access. Students will need to use a campus lab computer or purchase it through the Adobe Store for Students.
Active faculty and staff are eligible login to Adobe’s Creative Cloud Suite on up to two computers. Learn about what's new in Adobe Creative Cloud by reading the FAQs.
See our IT Wiki article Home Use Software
- Adobe is no longer giving University students access to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Public computer labs are open and have access to the Creative Cloud suite.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Home Use is available to students at a discounted rate through the Adobe Store for Students.
Creative Cloud on the iPhone, iPad, Mobile Devices
- First, go to your device's app store to download Creative Cloud.
- It will ask you to log in, make sure to click "continue with Adobe Id" where you will sign in with your WPU email.
- Third, then click on apps on the bottom hand left for the programs you want to download.
- Fourth, after you pick the program it will take you to the app store where you will download the program.
- Fifth, after the program, is downloaded open it. It will ask you to log in click "sign in with Adobe ID". You should not have to sign in a second time because it will automatically take you to the program.
Signing Into Adobe CC
To use the newest Adobe applications, users must login using their University credentials and authenticate with DUO two-factor authentication.
Upon launching any Adobe application, users will see the following prompt:
Enter your University credentials and click 'Sign In.' You will then have to select 'Company or School Account' when prompted:
You will then be re-directed to the University sign-on page. Follow steps to authenticate with DUO two-factor authentication.
Managing Adobe Licenses
Adobe only allows for 2 simultaneous licenses of any given product at the same time. If users exceed this license count, the following prompt will display when attempting to sign into an Adobe product:
Users may then select which machine to sign-out of by selecting 'Sign Out' from directly in the message window. After signing out from a device, users are automatically signed into the current machine.
Download and Install Adobe CC Apps Off-Campus
Access to Adobe CC apps on off-campus machines is available through the Creative Cloud website. For information about Adobe Home Use, please see Home Use Software.
Students have access through July 6th, 2020 as a result of Adobe's COVID-19 Support Offering
For additional information from Adobe regarding this offering, visit their Adobe COVID-19 FAQ page at https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/covid-19-edu-labs-faq.html
To download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps, please visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com/ and sign in with your University credentials.
Select either download or install next to the application you would like to install:
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete installation. You will be prompted to sign-in to the applications upon launch; use your University credentials to sign-in.
Migrating Adobe Creative Cloud Assets from your WPUNJ account to a Personal Account
Students can migrate their Creative Cloud assets from their WPUNJ account to new Creative Cloud free membership accounts after graduation using the Creative Cloud asset migration tool for students.
The Creative Cloud free membership includes trial versions of most of Adobe’s creative apps, and graduates can easily upgrade to get full versions of all the apps and services that were included in their school accounts. This will help ensure that you have ongoing access to your creative work and web portfolios — and that you can showcase your work to future employers — once you leave William Paterson.
Please visit the following URL to start migrating your assets: https://graduation.adobe.com/