Adobe Acrobat is a family of application software and web services developed by Adobe Systems to view, create, manipulate, print and manage files in Portable Document Format (PDF). Source Adobe Acrobat DC
Opening a Document
- Select OPEN from the FILE menu.
- Locate and select the PDF document you want to open.
- Click on the OPEN button.
Signing a Document
- Open the Document in Adobe DC (full version)
- Click TOOLS, then Fill and and Sign.
- If you're signing it, click "Me"
- Click "sign" in the upper right. Then the Add Signature option.
- Save a new signature to your liking.
- Use the mouse to click where you want the signature to go.
- Save the document.
Signing a Document with a Digital Signature
- Open an existing PDF document using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Click Tools > Certificates.
- Click Digitally Sign.
- Click the option to save to Windows Certificate Store.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Using the target cursor, drag and place the appropriate sized rectangle where you would like the digital signature placed.
- Click Sign.
- Re-save the document.
For more information on creating a digital ID, refer to this article from Adobe. Creating and Using Digital IDs
- To open, select NAVIGATION PANELS from the VIEW menu and select SHOW NAVIGATION PANE.
- To open or switch between panels, select NAVIGATION PANELS from the VIEW menus and click a navigation panel button on the left side.
- F4 is a keyboard shortcut to display navigation pane.
Saving a PDF file
- Click on SAVE from the FILE menu.
- Select where you would like to save the document.
- Change the name of the file in the FILE NAME BOX.
- Click on the SAVE button.
Creating a PDF Portfolio
- Click on CREATE PDF PORTFOLIO from the file menu. Then click on ASSEMBLE PDF PORTFOLIO.
- Do ONE of the following:
- To add a file, choose the ADD FILES button. Once you have located the file, click the OPEN button.
- To add all files contained in a folder, choose the ADD EXISTING FOLDER button. Select the folder and click the OK button.
- When done adding files, click on SAVE PORTFOLIO from the FILE menu.
- Choose a location to save the file, enter a name to save it under in the FILE NAME (SAVE AS) box and then click SAVE.
Converting a file to PDF
- Click CREATE PDF from the file menu.
- Find and click on the file you want to covert into a PDF.
- Click on the OPEN button.
Creating a PDF from Multiple Files
- Click on combine from the FILE menu and select MERGE FILES INTO SINGLE PDF.
- In the COMBINE FILES dialog box, click ON THE ADD FILES BUTTON do any of the following:
- To add files: Click ADD FILES choose the file you want then select the ADD FILES button.
- To add all the files contained in a folder: Click the ADD FOLDERS button. Locate the folder you want and click the OK button.
- To reuse recently combined files: Click on REUSE FILES. Select the file you want and click on the ADD FILES button.
- In upper-right hand corner of the window, you can do one of the following:
- To create a PDF file, click SINGLE PDF.
- To create a PDF Portfolio, click PDF PORTFOLIO.
- Select the COMBINE FILES button.
- Chose the location to save the file and enter a file name in the FILE NAME (SAVE AS) box. After click the SAVE button.
Converting a Web Page to PDF
- Click CREATE PDF from the FILE menu and click FROM WEB PAGE
- Enter in the Internet address in the URL box
- Select the CREATE button, the click the SAVE button on the FILE toolbar.
Creating a PDF from Another Application
- Open the document you would like to convert.
- Click on the ACROBAT TAB on the top of the document. Then click on CREATE PDF.
- After that has been completed, enter a file name and SAVE.
- Click ORGANIZE PAGES from the tools menu.
- To delete the selected pages: Click on SELECTED.
- To enter a page range: Click FROM and enter the page range
- Click on the OK button then click the YES button to confirm you want to delete the page.
- Select the PAGES button in the NAVIAGTION PANE.
- Select the PANEL OPTIONS button in the PAGES panel and select NUMBER PAGES.
- Select the CREATE button, the click the SAVE button on the FILE toolbar
- In the NUMBERING PAGES section, do one of the following:
- To begin a numbering section: Click BEGIN NEW SECTION.
- To extend the numbering previously used: Click Extend numbering used in preceding section to selected pages.
- 5) Finally, click on the OK button.